Even if you have never purposely hired a person with a disability, at the BLN you can learn how to recruit this talent as productive workers and also retain employees in your workforce who either have hidden disabilities or will most likely develop a disability while employed at your company.
Employers join BLNs because they want an opportunity to engage with like-minded businesses to learn how to progress in the journey toward inclusion of diverse talent who happen to have disabilities (including returning Veterans).
Membership is open to both private and government sectors and gears its programs and resources to the needs of human resources professionals, diversity and inclusion officers and EEOC directors. The OFCCP changes to Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act make membership in BLN an excellent opportunity to stay abreast of the latest information with monthly topical programming and the opportunity to network and learn from other members.
Members receive discounted registration to programs and webinars. Benefits include access to a “members only” site that offers:
- Member Directory
- Disability Business Directory
- Service Directory
- Program Presentations
Employers gain several branding advantages with logo and links to their websites from the DC Metro BLN site: attract retain a workforce that includes individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and wounded warriors and their friends and family; attract the same population as customers; be recognized in the community in which they do business.
2014 Membership Pricing
To follow the OFCCP new regulations, your organization can show its good faith efforts by supporting the one 2014 business association that will meet your disability diversity and compliance educational needs from a B2B perspective.
An added bonus: Job seekers who learn about the BLN and its mission will easily recognize your organization as “eager to hire”. Increase your pipeline through this unique recognition opportunity.
Executive Membership (Diamond or Gold level) includes TWO full years of organizational membership (unlimited # of employees per organization) and all benefits of Annual Membership.
DIAMOND LEVEL MEMBERSHIP $5,000:
- Two-Year Corporate Membership.
- Recognition as an Executive Member on our Website, in all 12 Newsletters and at All Programs.
- Your organization will be prominently displayed in all our social media. Corporate Advisory Board Position option.
GOLD LEVEL MEMBERSHIP $3,000:
- Two-Year Corporate Membership.
- Recognition as an Executive Member on our Website and for Six Newsletter Issues and six programs.
- Corporate Business/Organizational – $900
- USBLN Member discounted DC Metro BLN Membership – $500
- Non-profit – $500
- Small business – $500
- Government – $1200
All local employees may become part of the BLN membership
Members Only Access on Website
Business Resource Directory including Disability –owned Businesses
Discounted program Registration
Logo on website
First option to host a program
Individual Memberships are also available:
- Students – $45;
- Individuals – $100(SHRM or ILG members may join as an individual for $85);
- Supplier Diversity Professionals – $200 (if a professional brings in his/her organization as a Corporate member, the Corporate Membership dues are reduced by $200 for the first year);
Individual Member Benefits:
- Members Only access to DC Metro BLN’s website
- 50% Discount on all of DC Metro BLN’s Programs
DC Metro BLN Business Resource Directory
The business directory will list contacts for consultants, speakers, community based organizations/providers to target applicants with disabilities.
If you want to be listed in the Business Resource Directory (membership is not required to be listed). Please contact Katherine McCary.